not all estate agents are the same. welcome to a company that does things differently.

tenants FAQs

When can I arrange a viewing?

Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm. Most weekdays we can offer viewings by prior arrangement until 7pm.

How do I secure a property?

You will need to pay an agency fee and fill in an application form, which can be found here. Upon receipt of the application fee the property will be removed from the market and the referencing process will commence.

What references will House + Co require?

For all tenants, House + Co will apply for employment and previous landlord references (where applicable); we will also carry out a comprehensive credit check on each individual tenant of 18 years-of-age plus. You will also be asked to supply various documents. See the application form for more info.

Will the Landlord pay the council tax and utility bills?

All of our properties are let on the basis of ‘bills on top’; therefore you will need to pay the council tax, water, gas and electricity (where applicable).

What is the standard length of Tenancy?

We will generate an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement (AST) on the completion of successful referencing; this can be either a 6 or 12-month term.

Who is responsible for on-going maintenance of the property?

Unless it is proven that a tenant has deliberately damaged the property, the landlord will be responsible for the general maintenance of the property.

Who holds my deposit?

Depending on which service your Landlord has chosen, the answer to this question will vary.

If House + Co are managing the property, we will be holding the deposit under our own TDS scheme. If your landlord is managing the property they will usually hold the deposit under their own scheme. We will inform you of the location of the deposit prior to you moving in.

What happens if there is a dispute about the deposit?

In the event of a dispute, House + Co will attempt to arbitrate for 10 days, after which time if a satisfactory resolution between both parties has not been agreed the dispute will be referred to The Dispute Service for independent arbitration. This will only occur where we hold the deposit.

What insurance will I need?

Your Landlord will have buildings insurance, therefore you will only need contents insurance. We are able to source this on your behalf. All you need to do is ask.

What notice will be required at the end of the Tenancy?

Our tenancies are fixed for a duration of either 6 or 12 months. Once this initial fixed period has lapsed, and assuming the tenancy has not been renewed, you will need to provide one month’s written notice from the rent due date. If we are managing the property this should be sent to us here. In all other instances this should be sent to your Landlord direct.

Our commitment to you

All of our staff understand how important it is to find the right home for you. We will always attempt to ensure that your new home is the way you expected it to be on the day you move in. Any issues you raise with us will be dealt with in a timely manner and we will of course keep you informed along the way. Should you feel that we are not meeting your expectations in any way, please fell free to contact us.

search for your ideal
home now

Click here